The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
There are three levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold and each stage requires a greater length of training and commitment. However you can tailor this to suit you and complete as many levels as you like.
You achieve an Award by completing a personal programme of activities in four sections (five if you’re going for Gold).
- Volunteering – helping someone, your community or the environment
- Physical – becoming fitter through sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills – developing existing talents or trying something new
- Expedition – planning, training for and completing an adventurous journey
- Residential (Gold only) – staying and working away from home as part of a team
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is a supplementary programme available to all pupils in years 10-13. The Award runs throughout the year and alongside your normal lessons, providing new and exciting opportunities outside of the classroom and school environment. Best of all, you get to choose what you do!
It will develop your strengths, you’ll discover new experiences, friends and talents that will remain with you forever. The skills that it requires are very attractive qualities that both universities and employers look on favourably. The Award is flexible and will combine nicely with any options you pick, teaching you invaluable new skills along the way.